A lot of people can agree that breakups are tough. Whether you’re the one who initiated it or not, a breakup is never easy to get over. The feeling of missing your ex can be difficult to handle and many times we don’t know what to do when we miss our ex. In this blog post I will discuss some ways how you can deal with the pain and loneliness of missing your ex so that you can continue living happily without them!
Stop texting, calling, and emailing your ex.
- These things can be tempting but they just prolong the pain. It’ll help to cut off all contact with your ex, even if you’re feeling really lonely because of it!
- Find a hobby that will take up some time and focus away from missing them. This could include doing arts and crafts or taking up a new sport like soccer for example!
- Focus on what you have now and not what you don’t. Focus on the good things in your life right now to deal with missing an ex, focusing on all of those amazing qualities about yourself instead will help take away some of that pain.
- When it comes to dealing with loneliness when we miss our exes, there are a lot of ways we can try and get through it.
- There are a lot of ways to deal with missing our exes when they’re no longer in the picture. We need to stop thinking about them, find hobbies that will take up some time and focus away from them, as well as focusing on what’s good in life right now. The pain will eventually go away and we can live a happy life without them!
- Focus on yourself – go to the gym, take up a new hobby, or spend time with friends and family
- Focus on the positive – look at what you’re doing well and be proud of yourself
- Talk to a counselor or therapist if needed. A professional can help guide in dealing with your emotions when we miss an ex and offer support for how to get through it
- Change your environment – try living near other people, visit new places more often, or take up a new hobby
- Get closure – talk to your ex about what happened and how you feel. This may be difficult at first but is important for getting through the pain of missing them
- Dress nicely – when we miss our exes it’s easy to dress poorly because that’ll help remind us not as much of them. It’s important to dress nicely because it’ll make you feel better and not think about them as much
- Keep busy – take up a new hobby, do something exciting for yourself (traveling or going on vacation), or learn how to cook so that you can be more independent without your ex. Doing things will help distract us from missing our exes and make us feel good about ourselves
- Learn to be happy for the person.
- Focus on all of those amazing qualities about yourself instead will help take away some of that pain when you miss your exes!
- Take care of yourself – go out more, do something new regularly, or learn a skill so that you can be independent without needing your ex
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to deal with missing our exes when they’re no longer in the picture. We need to stop thinking about them, find hobbies that will take up some time and focus away from them, as well as focusing on what’s good in life right now. The pain will eventually go away and we can live a happy life without them!
What to do When You Miss Your Ex:
- Take care of yourself – eat well and get enough sleep.
- Drink enough water- one glass for every hour of activity.
- Get outside, do something fun or take a walk around the block to break up your day.
- Do some deep breathing exercises – inhale deeply through your nose and exhale slowly out of your mouth with pursed lips (mentally count how many seconds you are inhaling and how many seconds you are exhaling).
- Journal your thoughts – it doesn’t have to be a linear story. It can just be words on paper, or even drawings if that’s what feels best for you right now. Something about the process of writing organizes emotions in our heads so they feel less jumbled up inside us.
- Be patient – it takes time to heal after a breakup
Breakups are hard, and it can feel like you’ll never heal. But with time that pain will subside, so don’t dwell on what’s happened in the past. Instead focus on yourself by making sure to take care of your mental health with these self-care tips for after a breakup. It may not be easy, but if you’re patient and continue to work through this difficult time there is hope for recovery. What else have you found helpful when recovering from heartbreak? Let us know below!